He’s a player. But she’s about to score.
Opposites really do attract* as a sassy salesgirl turns a pro athlete’s life upside down in this supercharged standalone novel of seduction from the author of Bossed.
Kelsey: My mom would tell you I’m quite the catch, but since my last boyfriend, I haven’t been dating much. Maybe it’s my rocker style or my lack of filter that intimidates the boys. So I’m pleasantly surprised when Matt Stallworth waltzes into the indie record store where I work and gives as good he gets. Turns out Matt is a professional baseball player, which should mean he’s out of my league. But if he wants to hook up with me, he’s going to have to follow my rules.
Matt: After winning my MVP award, I learned that a guy can get used to having beautiful women practically throw themselves at you everywhere you turn. But everything changes the first time I see Kelsey Martin, and something just clicks. She’s hot, snarky, and whip-smart. I’ve got to see her again. Only problem is, she sees right through all my best moves. And I’m going to have to step up my game to convince Kelsey that I’m playing for keeps.
Praise for Scored
- “Fresh and funny, full of witty banter and off-the-charts chemistry! I laughed out loud reading Scored.”—Delancey Stewart, author of Mr. Big
- “Scored was a fun sports romance with great characters.”—A Novel Glimpse
- “[Matt and Kelsey’s] story is fun, sexy, heartwarming and has a truly wonderful happily ever after.”—Book Reviews Janisf & Leisha
- “Bottom line: I love a witty, sexy, banter-filled romance and once again, Sloane Howell delivers with Scored! From start to finish, the back-and-forth between Kelsey and Matt is top-notch and kept me laughing, sighing, and shaking my head at their antics.”—Rolo Polo Book Blog
- “I really enjoyed this book! It was the follow-up story to Bossed. I enjoy Sloane’s writing style. I think it’s cool that a guy can write romance.”—Books According to Abby
It’s rare for a romantic book to make me giggle and have all those romantic feels all at the same time, but Scored did that for me! I’m not sure if I had previously read any books by Sloane Howell, but I will definitely be checking some out in the future! This one was so good. Scorchingly hot, Scored was simply a love story. Add in the fact that it’s a sports romance, and I knew I had to read it. So super glad I did!